Ibuprofen (Advil) Kills Thousands Each Year. Here Is What You SHOULD Be Using instead
According to statistics, in the period between period of 1999 and 2003 there were nearly 30,000 cases of heart attack and sudden cardiac death due to Vioxx usage. In 2000 there was a study which showed evidence that these medications cause increased heart rate and are associated with heart attack and strokes. FDA, Merck and other pharmaceutical companies, however, remained silent. According to another study published in Lancet, NSAID drugs usage can double the risk of heart attack and heart failure
Why so many people take NSAID drugs such as ibuprofen?
Pain and inflammation are common health conditions nowadays. The best way to prevent and treat these conditions is to change your daily diet and your lifestyle as well. Healthy food, regular exercise and reduced stress levels are essential for proper health. Unfortunately, many people do not have the time nor will to do these changes and they choose the easier alternative, which is taking over-the counter drugs, such as ibuprofen, that can relieve pain instantly. What people do not know is that this type of medications have negative effect on people`s health.
Adverse health effects
The side effects of ibuprofen are associated with increased risk of heart attack and sudden cardiac death, DNA damage, hypertension, anemia, miscarriage, influenza and hearing loss. In addition, the whole group of anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal drugs has these side effects.
Research on Natural alternatives to Ibuprofen
- Topical Arnica – it is extremely beneficial for hand osteoarthritis with lower risk of side effects (study published in 2007);
- Ginger – capsules (250 mg 4 times a day) are equally effective as mefenamic acid and ibuprofen for pain relief in menstrual cycles in women (study published in 2009);
- John’s Wort – it`s twice stronger and more effective than ibuprofen an analgesic (an animal study from 2004);
- Panax Ginseng – it has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties similar to those in ibuprofen which also indicates its possible anti-rheumatoid arthritis properties (an animal study from 2008);
- Omega-3 fatty acids – 1200-2400 mg on daily basis are equally effective as ibuprofen for relieving arthritis pain with less side effects (human study from 2006);
- Chinese Skullcap (baicalin) – contains a substance known as baicalin which is equally effective as ibuprofen in reducing pain (animal study from 2003);
- Combination of Vitamin C, Ginkgo biloba, and Astaxanthin – it is equal to and even better than ibuprofen in reducing asthma-associated respiratory inflammation (animal study from 2011);
- Olive oil – contains a substance called oleocanthal which has anti-inflammatory effects similar to those of ibuprofen;
- Holy Basil – its compounds have anti-inflammatory properties comparable to aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen (study from 2000);
- Anthocyanin from Raspberries and Sweet Cherries – its power is equal to that of naproxen and ibuprofen in suppressing inflammation-associated enzyme familiar as cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 (a study from 2001)